GA Tracking Code

Monday, September 14, 2009

Jeans, Intermix, and Why I Love Boutiques

When I was in Chicago visiting our Lincoln Park store last Friday, I spent a little bit of time and walked the neighborhood. I popped into Intermix and was reminded about why I love boutiques so much.
I asked a simple question, "what’s the whole legging thing this season?" A great staffer proceeded to show me 7 different leggings at a huge range of price points.While I was looking for black, I ended up with a pair of J Brand’s new lightweight legging jeans. I adore them and I never would have found this pair on my own. Thank you, Intermix! It is only at a boutique where you get great advice, the best fashion, and great service.

This is why bluemercury was created 10 years ago too! I wanted to create the neighborhood store where you could get friendly, expert, honest advice. Case in point, when I stopped by bluemercury and mentioned that I was looking for the perfect fall every day brown eyeshadow. In two seconds the team picked out Bobbi Brown Copper Sand Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow for me. They also grabbed the T. Leclerc Lip Pencil in Tendre – a completely wearable mauve-brown nude which goes with almost all of my lipsticks and glosses.

Want to see talent in action? Check out a video of our fabulous Lincoln Park team doing makeovers at a makeover party at bluemercury. Also mark your calendar and book complimentary appointments for upcoming fall makeover parties featuring experts from Bobbi Brown, Trish McEvoy, Laura Mercier and NARS all showcasing what's new this season.

P.S. A shout out to Jessica Teas of Beauty Woo Me for completely “getting” why bluemercury is special.

1 comment:

Jessica Teas (née Gearhart) said...

Marla, thanks so much for the shout out! I just saw it. Love the shop... I'm aiming to meet with Richard in Chicago at some point soon.

xx JT