GA Tracking Code

Thursday, January 2, 2014

New and VERY Notable: Dueling Serums

Marla Malcolm Beck, Bluemercury CEO and co-founder, with ReVive founder Dr. Greg Brown
RéVive founder Dr. Greg Brown and me!
Two new anti-aging serums have just arrived on our shelves...and I've been divided right down the middle. Literally.

One of my favorite new product tests at my vanity is the half-face test. I'll often use one product on one half of my face and a different product on the other to understand the differences in texture and results.

For this round, on my right half: the new Moisturizing Renewal Serum by RéVive, part of the ever-amazing Renewal Collection product line. On my left: the new La Mer Lifting Contour Serum. I used each, then a primer, put on my NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer and was out the door.

Here's what I noticed:

1. RéVive's Moisturizing Renewal Serum is incredibly plumping, hydrating and skin smoothing. My skin looked radiant and refreshed – like after a good night’s sleep (Dr. Brown does it again!)

2. La Mer's The Lifting Contour Serum was tightening, firming and also showed a radiant finish. My skin looked tight, like I had just run 5 miles!

Verdict: both are amazing, but completely different – so there's one for your needs (a fact with which both sides of my face would agree!).

2 comments:

Straightener said...

Omg I can't wait to try the newbies! I'm all about firmness and tightening at this age!

Straightener said...
This comment has been removed by the author.