GA Tracking Code

Thursday, February 19, 2015

Escape to Palm Beach and New Sunscreen Recipe

I quickly escaped to Palm Beach for Presidents' Weekend with Barry and the kids. Every time we go I start the day playing tennis in a group clinic early in the morning before lounging with the kids by the ocean.

This trip I concocted the perfect morning protection ritual:


M-61Vitablast C ($92) (vitamin C under sunscreen adds additional antioxidant protection), then La Mer The Reparative Face Sun Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($125) (one of the more hydrating SPFs for my tough winter skin), then Trish McEvoy Beauty Balm Instant Solutions SPF 35 ($85) to even out my skin tone so I look presentable (I feel like I get extra protection from the tinted color, but there is absolutely no scientific evidence of this). Next I popped on some mascara and ran out the door to the courts. (Last in my lineup is Hampton Sun SPF 35 Continuous Mist Sunscreen ($32), this sheer, non oily spray is perfect for active kids' arms and legs!)

A perfect recipe - no new freckles and no sun at all. Looking at my skin, it looks as if I didn't even go to Florida for the weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great little sunscreen routine! I should start adding vitamin C to my sunscreen routine as well...