GA Tracking Code

Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Mask Mania - Which Mask Is Right For You?

Masks are back!

Masks – which have been around since the Brady Bunch – are back. I keep asking myself why and here is what I think: they are targeted treatments that fix your skin for whatever is bothering you at that exact time.

Post-Travel: We all know the feeling - You just took a trip and feel grimy and dirty from the airplane's recycled air – Use a deep cleansing clay mask. I love Bobbi Brown's new Instant Detox Mask ($47) with Hawaiian Sea Water & White Clay.



Winter Blues: Parched and dry skin from wind or cold can be irritating and uncomfortable– use the heavenly Fresh Rose Face Mask ($62) packed with rose petals and aloe vera gel.

Brighten and Smooth: M-61 Vitablast C Scrub & Mask ($44) with brightening vitamin C and E, hydrating papaya, and natural exfoliating amber powder leaves your skin feeling baby smooth.


Need A Little Lift: Try La Mer The Lifting and Firming Mask ($245) with the concentrated Miracle Broth™ for perfect plumping.

Energy Boost: I just tried Kiehl’s new Tumeric & Cranberry Seed Energizing Radiance Masque, and loved the invigorating cranberry seed exfoliant that brightens and restores your skin. (Coming to Bluemercury February 2016!)

There is a mask for everything... the only trouble is choosing which one to use!

2 comments:

Marcie said...

Marla, I love how thoroughly you know each of your products. The advice you give on any product is always true and factual, a great variety for all skin types, and prices are a wide range for everyone. You and your amazing staff have continuously helped me buy the best products from skin to make-up, to hair! Truly, the best store(s) and on-line site.

Anonymous said...

What I need most is hydration. Super intense hydration. And I get that from my beloved Clinique Brightening Moisture Mask.