GA Tracking Code

Friday, April 30, 2010

So You're a Soccer Mom Now?


I was at the bliss offices in NYC talking about my pre-soccer-game Saturday morning routine: sunscreen, bronzer, navy blue eyeliner and mascara when one of the staffers who I have known for almost 10 years blurted out, with surprise - "So you're a soccer mom now?!"

Once I got over the shock that I was just categorized as someone I couldn't associate with during the Clinton election (during which soccer moms ruled the country and I was only 22 and had no idea what the reference even meant), I proudly responded - "Yes, I am."

The soccer mom's favorites:

1. For the sunscreen slather ReVive Filtre de Soleil Visage SPF 45, Darphin Vitalprotection Age-Defying Protective Lotion SPF 50 or Dermalogica AGE Smart Dynamic Skin Recovery SPF 30, all hydrating for my dry skin.

2. For bronzer - my favorite - NARS Bronzing Powder in Laguna. Brushed on cheeks and eyelids.

3. For mascara - Trish McEvoy High Volume.

No comments: