GA Tracking Code

Monday, May 17, 2010

My Bluemercury Haul


I went shopping at bluemercury in Bethesda the other day. Yes, I know it sounds odd. Although I have closets and closets full of beauty products, sometimes there I things I use in large quantities that the vendors do not regularly send me. So I have to shop just like everybody else. So what did I get?

1. Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer. I have been using Laura Mercier Primer for almost 9 years. I would never put on foundation without it. Primer helps the foundation sit on top of the skin, rather than absorb into the lines and pores. 2 years ago, she introduced her hydrating primer, and as I am bone dry, this is a great upgrade. I bought 2.

2. Trish McEvoy High Volume Mascara. My “go to” mascara. Gives me the fullest lashes, doesn’t flake. I have been using this since it came out. It is a Japanese formulation tube mascara that washes off with water only – no eye makeup remover necessary.

3. Acqua di Parma Colonia. I have been wearing this for 11 years, since I started bluemercury. Created in the 1930s, a light, sophisticated citrus, this fragrance is mine, mine, mine. I have gone through bottles of the fragrance and tubes of the lotion. I can’t live without it. I bought the fragrance in 2 sizes and the body lotion in the tube. A dream.

No comments: