GA Tracking Code

Monday, May 24, 2010

Sometimes You Just Need a Pro


Last Saturday was my 40th birthday party. I honestly usually do my makeup myself for all events, but decided that I would go to bluemercury and have it professionally done. I know it sounds funny since I own bluemercury, but honestly, I usually do not have time to have someone do it.

I must say, there is nothing like having a great makeup artist do your makeup. I wanted a heavy smoky eye and nice, clear, even skin that lasted all night. I raced into our Bethesda location at 4:30 and Kate went to work. I was out in 30 minutes with a dramatic eye and even skin – it was perfect. Here is what she used:







Trish McEvoy Eye Base in Demure over the entire lid. Trish McEvoy Midnight Diamond Eye Powder Definer in the crease with Trish McEvoy Arabian Nights Eye Powder Definer blended all over the lid and in the crease with a heavy hand on the corners. Eyes were finished off with Trish McEvoy Lash Curling Mascara.















Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base as a face primer, followed by Bobbi Brown Moisturizing Foundation Compact in beige and Laura Mercier Secret Concealer #2. This was set with Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder. This was finished off with Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Golden Bronze and Bobbi Brown Illuminating Bronzing Powder in Maui as a blush.

The Trish McEvoy Essential Pencil was used all over the lip with Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster SPF 15 Lip Gloss in Pretty Pink.


My makeup lasted all night, looked great in photos, and I felt great. A pro is a pro is a pro, no substitute.

3 comments:

unpretentious said...

whos that hottie on the picture? can i get her number? better yet, can you tell her to call her best friends once in a while

Lauren said...

Marla - do you have any recommendations on where I should my hair cut and colored? I just moved to D.C. from NYC and have been struggling to find a good hair place. Thanks!!
Lauren

Marla Malcolm Beck said...

Lauren - Salon aks, from nyc, comes to dc every 6 weeks and does color. I wouldn't go to anyone else. For dc haircuts, our staff recommends Immortal Beloved. I get my hair cut in Bethesda at Salon Nader, near my home!