GA Tracking Code

Monday, April 14, 2014

Spring Necessities

We went straight from cold winter to hot spring in Washington DC. My routine shifted right away.  Here are my absolute spring necessities.

1. A great cleanser and peel.
My skin tends to get much more grimy in the spring/summer. I love M-61 Perfect Cleanse ($26), a gel based paraben-free, sulfate-free Vitamin E cleanser followed by M-61 Power Glow Peel ($28) for deep exfoliation and cleansing.


2. A Vitamin C Serum.
Vitamin C adds additional antioxidant protection from the sun and reduces sunspots. I use M-61 Vitablast C ($92) in the morning before my tinted moisturizer/BB cream.


3. A great tinted moisturizer/BB cream or CC cream for coverage and protection.
I am in love with NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($42) in shade Alaska for my work days and/or Trish McEvoy Beauty Balm Instant Solutions SPF 35 ($85) in Shade 1. On the weekend I use SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 ($64). It has a slight tint so my skintone is evened out, but it is one step and out the door. Great for soccer game sidelines.

4. An unbelievable bronzer.
I switch back and forth between cream and powder. I love the Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder ($38) in Medium, I love NARS The Multiple ($39) in South Beach. I also love my peachy blush: Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lotus Pink.

5. A gorgeous pink or peach lipgloss.
My favorites: NARS Serious Shine Lip Gloss ($25) in Sweet Revenge, Laura Mercier Lip Glacé ($25) in Tulip, Trish McEvoy Beauty Booster® SPF 15 Lip Gloss ($25) in Sexy Nude, and Laura Mercier’s new Gel Lip Colour ($22) in Flushed.


Spring at last,
spring at last...

No comments: