GA Tracking Code

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Vacation Solutions: Healing Miracle to Treat Windburned Skin

Marla Beck Barry Beck Bluemercury Aspen Spring Break

Last week I went out to Aspen skiing with Barry and the kids for spring break. I always bring a ton of products for the cold, dry weather and this time I packed almost a whole suitcaseful – who knows what I would need in my toolkit.

For the first two days I used the basics – SkinCeuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50 on me (I like the tint to even out my skin tone), and SkinCeuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 on the kids and Barry.  Everyone was also armed with either Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 or Fresh Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment zipped into their ski jackets for chapped lips (it works on hands and noses too, by the way). 

Marla Beck Barry Beck Bluemercury Aspen Spring Break

By day three it was windy and we all came back with windburned, red cheeks and noses. It was worse than a sunburn! Digging through my cosmetics first aid toolkit, I went back to old faithful: La Mer's Crème de la Mer, the original. Created by Max Huber, an aerospace physicist on a mission to heal a burn he experienced in his laboratory, this cream is IT.  It was the only thing the whole family used on our faces post-skiing. A miracle cream for sure.

We also all switched to La Mer's The Reparative Face Sun Lotion Broad Spectrum SPF 30. Although it provides less coverage, it has the same Miracle Broth super-healer in the cream – and we all needed that daily. Many of you know I love La Mer creams and serums. This past week, the whole family loved La Mer!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the little history lesson on the creation of the Creme de La Mer, I didn't know that, how cool! My husband is an aerospace engineer as well, he totally has to start creating skincare for me now, lol.

Unknown said...

The kids are getting so big! I'm glad your taking a little time off.. Miss ya💋💄

Marla Malcolm Beck said...

Kiss & Make-up - it's such an interesting brand!

Marla Malcolm Beck said...

Lynette - thank you for your comment! We had a great time!

clientconnect said...

The title of your write-up is very eye catchy which holds an individual to read till the very end of your blog. Every new paragraph increases the interest of a reader.

Churchill Car Insurance