GA Tracking Code

Monday, February 4, 2008

A Brightening Experiment

Last night, I had just flown in from California and was wide awake at 1 am. (Clearly, I was on West Coast time.) I was feeling adventurous and decided to try two new products - the new Bliss The Youth As We Know It Cleanser and Darphin's Clear White Brightening and Soothing Serum. (I am brightening obsessed right now.)

While I love both products, this cocktail combo was way too powerful for my hyperpigmented, somewhat dry, starting-to-lose elasticity-at-37 skin. My skin peeled right away. The kind of peel where you just sort of rub your skin and wonder what is coming off on your finger tips, and then realize it is just the top, dead layer of your skin.

The Bliss cleanser, with exfoliating salicylic acid, is a light, creamy cleanser with a clean fruity scent. This is perfect for dull, dry feeling skin. I am going to try it again tonight, without the extra powerful step of the Darphin brightener.


The Darphin brightening serum will be added to my collection of great, irresistible Darphin serums that includes: Hydraskin for moisture in the morning, Intral (launching April '08) for soothing redness post-peel or sunburn and Fibrogene for absolute dryness. Light in texture, this new serum (coming out in May ‘08) uses fruit acids and vitamin C to reduce hyperpigmentation, brighten and smooth the skin. No one does a serum like Darphin. I will be retesting this one on a different night, without a salicylic acid cleanser! While my little experiment had extreme results, the great news was that I had smooth, beautiful skin today.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi. I am a consumer tester and discoverer of product for publications and blogs. I wanted to let you know of an awesome brightener by Bieux Skin Bionaturals. The creator suffered some skin trauma after a car accident scarred her skin and has made this awesome brightener that comes in ampules within an awesome pink and black case. Just a dime size amount, no smell, and in a week you'll notice a difference. I believe the active ingredient is Arbutin, and it will be in Sephora soon.

Angel said...

I recently had a Visia analysis on my skin and was shocked to find out that at 28, I had the sun damage of a much older woman. I kept insisting to the esthetician that this couldn't be, I moisturize twice a day and I lather on sunscreen. But the pictures don’t lie! Needless to say I was a little disgusted that my $125 night cream did not help or reduce my sun damage. So, since then I have been determined to find a product that will reverse the sun damage to help prevent my face from looking like the skin of a Dalmatian in five years! I’ve read articles stating that Vitamin C products are a great natural way to help reduce sun damage and brighten skin without having to resort to photo rejuvenation. The only thing that is holding me back is that, I have heard that these products lose their efficacy quickly due to oxidation of the Vitamin C. Do you find this to be true? What would you recommend from your product line?