GA Tracking Code

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Little Necessities and the Upper West Side


I am headed up to Manhattan for the opening of our Upper West Side store. I had about 5 minutes flat to pack, with two of my three kids taking my clothes out of the suitcase while I was putting them in (imagine, packing is more fun than dolls!). I am on the train now, thinking of everything I forgot.

Luckily, I will be able to get them at bluemercury in Manhattan. No more waiting until I get home to grab my must haves. What am I missing? A good pair of tweezers. The thing about tweezers is that I always need them and I always seem to lose them. I probably buy about 6 pairs a year. They are a necessity for me. Although I have my brows done by Lance, one of our Georgetown estheticians, they always seem to sprout random hairs between treatments. And, embarrassingly, as I am getting older, the hairs above my lip seem to sprout here and there at the most unexpected moment. Last weekend, we were travelling with no bluemercury for miles, so my husband picked up a pair of drugstore tweezers for me. What a disappointment. A week old and they have no grab. It’s back to Tweezerman and Rubis for me.

What else am I missing – my beloved travel size Acqua di Parma Colonia, my travel size Bumble Shine Spray and my Darphin eye serum for puffiness. I will be picking these up tomorrow at the bluemercury at 83rd and Broadway!

P.S. We have two bluemercury veterans running this location (they bleed blue) – Alexis and Michelle. They are veritable encyclopedias of knowledge and fabulous makeup artists to boot. Lucky New York and lucky me!



Return to bluemercury.com

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Congrats to Marla, Michelle, Alexis and the whole bluemercury team. The Upper West Side location is fantastic!

Kim said...

I second those congrats - thanks for bringing your beautiful wares to MY neighborhood! It's amazing how you've managed to edit a collection of precisely all of my favorite brands!

Kim said...

I second those congrats - thanks for bringing your beautiful wares to MY neighborhood! It's amazing how you've managed to edit a collection of precisely all of my favorite brands!

Jamie said...

I can't wait to check out the store! I'm so excited to finally have one in NYC!

beautylogicblog said...

Wow, this sounds amazing, and this is right in my neighborhood!!!