GA Tracking Code

Friday, February 15, 2008

My Rut is Finally Back in Fashion

Do you ever get stuck in a rut with your lipstick and lip gloss colors? I find that I repurchase the same colors year after year. Occasionally, I’ll discover a new one, which then becomes one of my staple colors.
The good news - this spring, some of my “go to” colors are perfect for the spring fashion season. The look (which I got to see at the Zac Posen show in the fall) is pink, tulle, flowy, goddess-y clothes. (On the opposite end, primary colors are also in, but that is not me, except for the color aqua blue) The makeup – sheer, shimmery and/or shiny pastels. Think pink, raspberry, lavender. (Read: no red and no coral) My old stand-bys are perfect.

Trish McEvoy Cream Pink Rose lipstick — a matte pink rose – which I always wear with her Iced Nude lip pencil.



Laura Mercier Pink Champagne lipstick, a little bit deeper pink mauve – also perfect for spring.



And my old spring and summer stand by – Laura Mercier Violet Lip Glace. It’s being repackaged this spring – still it is the perfect violet/lavender/pink gloss. Wearable alone or over any pink or rose lipstick.


I am also thinking about tracking down one of my old favorites, NARS Catfight, which I can’t seem to find anywhere.


No, these colors will not work for everyone. I am blonde (ok, they are highlights, but I was blonde up until age 22), blue eyes, with fair to medium skin and I freckle easily. (Laura Mercier Tinted Nude is my coloring).

Despite the fact that my makeup is back in fashion, I, of course, will probably not be found in tulle, pink, or flowy, goddess-y clothes. I will be wearing my staple colors, black or blue. But my lips will be perfectly IN.


1 comment:

EyeshadowCult.com said...

Marla, I would love it if you got in contact with me. I recently applied to work for your newest location in NY and I was granted a quick phone interview, but I never heard back from anyone. I am more than qualified to work for your company and I would love to. Please visit my website so you can see my kind of work. http://www.eyeshadowcult.com