GA Tracking Code

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Party Circuit

Hibernation over, spring party circuit starting. Our calendar is booking up with after-work and weekend events. I have a bunch of quick pre-party tricks that I wanted to share:

1. For the glow: Cleanse face completely and use exfoliating peel pads (Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha-Beta or Trish McEvoy Beta Hydroxy Pads) before applying makeup. Your skin will look years younger. It is my trick, I do this before every event, WITHOUT FAIL. And, if I am racing from office, back home/or to hotel room and then to party, I wash my whole face, leave my eye-makeup on, and still use the pads. I then touch up my eye shadow, reapply foundation and blush and lips.

2. For drama: I have learned how to do an easy smokey eye: pick one color and use on entire lid and crease. I use an eye base (sometimes I just use a light concealer on my lid) put Bobbi Brown bone all over my lid and then go over the entire lid and crease with a dark shadow. You need to find the perfect one for you, but, once you find it – this is a 2 minute step. I have been attached to Laura Mercier Coffee Ground, a deep chocolate brown, recently.


3. For great skin: My most up to date go to is the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation in Fiji. Great coverage, lasts all night, great glow. A little heavier than my normal Bobbi Brown Skin SPF, but this is really working for me right now. I am even able to skip concealer with this one, goes right up under my eyes fine. I do use this over Laura Mercier’s Hydrating Primer so my skin looks nice and moist.

These are my pre-going-out tips and I am sticking to them.

No comments: