GA Tracking Code

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hot Sun, White Skin

My husband looked at my skin the other day and said your skin is so white, usually it gets so freckly during the summer. I gave him a big kiss – not only because he noticed my skin, but also, I was so excited! My routine this summer is simple.



On beach days, I wake up and put on Skinceuticals Physical Fusion SPF 50 ($30/$64). It has a little bit of a tint which evens out my skin tone. I use this in the morning while I run errands – bike to the local coffee place and the farmers market, run the kids to the park, etc.



Pre-beach I use Skinceuticals SPF 45 in a tube ($37). For some reason, this is the best sunscreen I have ever used to prevent sunburn on the face.



At night, I keep M-61 Perfect Cleanse ($26) in the shower to scrub off all of the beach sunscreen and sand.


Then I use M-61 Vitablast C ($92). There is something about the Vitamin C, the Vitamin E, and the gallic acid (an antioxidant acid found in blueberries and flaxseeds) that is keeping the freckling off my skin. It looks so white and clear this summer!


When I was a kid, I used to strive for the baby oil face tan. Oh how priorities change...

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Do you have any suggestions for something to fade freckles if you already have them? I just moved from NYC to Hawaii last week and even though I never leave the house without SPF, I think I already have about 50 new freckles on my face. The sun here is just so intense.

Unknown said...

Do you have any recommendations for Melasma? Currently using Lustra Ultra cream which is harsh and drying...but effective. Would like a daily moisturizer that would help even out skin tone and provide SPF.

Anonymous said...

Dear Marla,
We love your blog and would be honored if you would test and review eco-armour's botanical "shave with benefits". It was featured in the Washington Post magazine and is made in Annapolis. You're going to LOVE it.
Robert & Zoe Benzinger
founders
www.eco-armour.com

Unknown said...

Do you have any input on using fresh papaya for skin lightening?? I read in this article that it helps with skin lighting and also works as an exfoliator. http://www.howtogetwhiteskin.net/how-lighter-skin/